When you get a message in [message].receive(TOS_MsgPtr m) the m.strength
field is set to the received message strength read from ADC0 when that
message was being received. I think there's some formulas for converting
that value to actual RSSI in the getting started guides.

MS

Aditya Bhave wrote:
Hi Hannes,
What ure saying is not entirely right. If you look up /tos/system/AM.h file although the TOS_Msg struct has a "strength" field, this is not trnasmitted or received over the radio. It is only used for internal accounting. So one has to look up ADC channel 0 to get the RSSI value.