The Linear Regression approximation was exactly what we were trying to do. Didn't know about the indoor limitations.

Please do clear this one doubt for us though - We were taking these measurements at increments of 1 inch corresponding to about 15 seconds on the curve that I attached in the previous email (the initial position was at 1inch from the chirp mote). We did try taking these measurements at a height off the floor (held by hand at shoulder level) and at floor level. The curve didn't show any significant differences. The floor in question is in a huge warehouse that we use as a testbed - it's devoid of furniture save for the odd computer or two. Is this behaviour still normal?

Thank you for your help.

Sankar.