Hi David,

I download the FlashViewer nesC application and tried to install into
tmote. However, it did not work and it gave me these error message:

C:/PROGRA~1/UCB/cygwin/opt/tinyos-1.x/beta/STM25P/BlockRead.nc:32:
previous declaration of `BlockRead.readDone'
FlashViewerM.nc:155: conflicting types for `BlockRead.computeCrcDone'
C:/PROGRA~1/UCB/cygwin/opt/tinyos-1.x/beta/STM25P/BlockRead.nc:38:
previous declaration of `BlockRead.computeCrcDone'
FlashViewerM.nc:160: conflicting types for `BlockWrite.writeDone'
C:/PROGRA~1/UCB/cygwin/opt/tinyos-1.x/beta/STM25P/BlockWrite.nc:32:
previous declaration of `BlockWrite.writeDone'

I am wondering if you used it on tmote or just the mica2?

Your cooperation is much appreciated

Hani

On Thu, May 4, 2006 2:50 am, David Moss wrote:
> Hi Raja,
>
> Yes, the Blackbook cross-platform compatible file system is now available
> in
> the TinyOS-1.x CVS under /contrib/rincon.  So far, I have it running on
> mica2, mica2dot, micaz, and telosb motes.
>
> To get started, you should install the
> /apps/Blackbook3/demos/BlackbookConnect application on the mote, with the
> com.rincon.blackbook.BlackbookConnect java
> app running through serial forwarder on the computer.  This will give you
> direct access to the Blackbook interface running on the mote from a
> command
> line interface.  There are examples in the blackbookconnect_readme.txt in
> the /demos/BlackbookConnect directory.
>
> There's also another Java app that runs with the BlackbookConnect nesC
> application called MemoryStick -
> com.rincon.blackbook.memorystick.MemoryStick.  This will let you
> upload/download/delete/etc. files on the mote.  The readme is in the
> demos/BlackbookConnect directory as well, called memorystick_readme.txt
>
> This version of Blackbook actually takes up quite a bit of ROM - about
> 24kB,
> which is a bit frightening.  Since I'm planning on using this file system
> in
> deployable mote systems, I am working on getting the ROM size down at the
> expense of data throughput.  Those updates are being made now and we
> should
> have another version soon.  The Blackbook interface itself will stay the
> same - there may be another command added, but the existing commands won't
> change.  That way, people can start developing apps using Blackbook, and
> then just install the slimmed down version when it's available.
>
> -David

Hani M Alzaid
PhD candidate
School of Computer Science and Engineering
The University of New South Wales
Sydney, NSW 2052, Australia
Phone: +61-2-9385 6206
Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Legal disclaimer: http://www.eng.unsw.edu.au/emaildis.htm
The CRICOS Provider Code for UNSW is 00098G.