Dear David and Henri,
Thanks for your answer.
First about debugging information. If I start a SerialForwarder with the -debug option, I do not get any message when the SerialForwarder stops forwarding. I also tried to use the C SerialForwarder, but I must be doing something wrong because I do not receive any message after I start it. Do I make an error witht the parameters?
$ ./sf 9001 COM1 57600 tinynode
However, the thread must still be active, because the message counter keeps incrementing even after the client stopped receiving them.
By the way, did I mention this happened on a Windows XP machine?
Best,
Jacques