I did the excavate thing a while ago and satisfied myself that
the mica2 uses the moral equivalent of the Battery as the Vref.
Since I couldn't find the micaz schematic I just assume that it's
the same. I don't know why the 'Z uses the internal ref and the '2
has an external one. Maybe it's that settling time you mentioned.

I was thinking I would find the full 'Z schematic as a separate
document. But in the User Manual?...strange...Unfortunately it
is not complete, it's missing the controller page. I guess it's
the same as the '2...I hope. From a quick look the Vref section
seems the same.

As for the include path, I meant the implicit path. For instance
nothing explicitly references hardware.h (in most apps anyway),
but it automagically appears in the (pre-)compiled code, and,
various source directories are searched in some (unspecified to me)
order when compiling. I mentioned it because there was just a
statement made about micaz using mica2/HPLUARTC.nc, which might
confuse anyone below the level of prelate in the TOS hierarchy...

oh, and my (hopefully vanilla and regular-guy kinda) TOS 1.1.7
install doesn't find a man page for ncc...is it really part of
the standard install, and I didn't set my MANPATH right?
MS