Hi all,

I have two  MICA2+MDA300CA. I have formed bridge with 4 resistors of 120 ohm each between pin E2.5,GND,A7+ and A7- on MDA300 CA. So, my circuit is powered through battery. I want help on calculating reasonably accurate mA-hr requirement of my hardware for two different cases:

1. base station mote is running TOSBase and the other running XSensorMDA300
2. Both motes are programmed with XMDA300 (v 1.4)

In both cases the base station is always powered. While the other mote is battery operated. The ANALOG_SAMPLING_TIME in both case is 9 seconds. The distance between the two is about 1 meter.

I also read a spreadsheet file from xbow website which shows the power management calculations for a mote.But I don't get clear idea and have many questions on this:

* For which sensor board (e.g MTS310/MTS510/MDA300/.....) they are calculating the sensor board current? (Or is it irrelavent which sensor board one is using?)

*When they say 6 ma current for full operation of microcontroller this is for how many seconds in an hour (or minute)?

* What application they ran (or is it irrelavent?)

* What was the size of the packet ? How many packets/minute (or hour)?

This questions are not answered by this file.(Or I am missing somethinf very obvious?!!)

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

regards,
chandresh