Now I know it gives problems... anyway I couldn't do anything because it takes mi user name from my windows instalation and now I can't change it... the thing is, what can I do?

On 6/1/06, David Gay <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On 6/1/06, Daniel Villón <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I just had the weirdest problem... I have just move all my work from my job
> PC to my home PC which have a diferent user name. When I tryed to do the
> "make docs" sentence I had this error which seems to be a problem of having
> a space in my user name. I have tryed to change the name of home/Daniel V
> folder, but when I start the cygwin again, a new folder is created with the
> "Daniel V" name. It's only a "make docs" problem, because when I try to do a
> "make" everything goes OK. ( the Nxv1=1 is just a makefile option to select
> the file it is going to compile). In my job I don't have this problem
> because it is [EMAIL PROTECTED] ----------> no space anywhere

Don't use directories with spaces in them. You'll run into lots of
problems with many unix tools, scripts, etc (yes, they are notionally
bugs, but there's too many of them ;-)).

David Gay

--
Daniel Villón V.
Departamento de Ingeniería Telemática.