Hi Marcus,

This question seems to come up fairly often so I'll take a stab at giving an answer.

I see from the attached files that you're running TOSSIM under Windows. This is the problem.
My understanding is that if you are running TOSSIM under Windows TinyViz will not work (at least not for the more recent versions of TinyOS anyway). This is because the newer versions of TinyOS (from October 2005) use POSIX threads when running in Windows. TinyViz is a Java application and Java uses Windows native threads. The result of this is that TinyViz is unable to load the TinyOS shared objects into the running TinyViz interface which is why you can see the motes in TinyViz but not get them to run.

If you run TOSSIM in Linux TinyViz should work (at least all of the versions in the last year or so worked for me anyway).

Mike

Note: I could be completely wrong about this so if anybody knows better please correct me. I'm basing this on information from the Viptos website: http://ptolemy.eecs.berkeley.edu/viptos/
Quote:
"Note: As of 10/05, Windows users will not be able to run TinyOS models inside Ptolemy.  The reason is that reloading the TinyOS shared objects into the running Ptolemy interface fails because the TinyOS shared objects use pthreads and under Windows, Java is using Windows native threads.