On Jun 11, 2006, at 9:41 AM, Matthew J Whelan wrote:

I don't think there is an interface, but using the hardware multiplier is a rather easy task to figure out. I haven't used it for FFT, but I have implemented digital filtering without any issues. You should check out the TI application note on the hardware multiplier for info on how to use it and source code for FFT calculations:

http://focus.ti.com/lit/an/slaa042/slaa042.pdf

When compiling for MSP430 platforms, the TinyOS build chain tells gcc to not use the multiply instruction. There's nothing wrong with the instruction; rather, gcc has some bugs when generating code that uses it. Therefore, I'd guess that assembly hacking would work fine, but trying to do it through C will run into issues.

Phil