I tried compiling Mate today on TMote/telosb that I had pulled down from the
CVS in the tinyos tree.  The only issues I had was it didn't want to find
LQIMultiHopRouter away without some fiddling with the Makefile for some
reason.  Hardcoding the Tinyos-dir into the makefile instead of %T seemed to
fix the problem.  I also have the Boomerang distro installed in /opt/moteiv.

make telosb seemed to work fine, at least for a simple test.  I used a
serialforwarder to program the motes, with /dev/ttyUSB0:telosb

Ben