I am not sure if this will help you with your problem but I also had the dot problem.  I made the following changes to make 'that' problem go away...

I am creating an installation guide for my prof.  Here is a section that will help you...

Checking the TOS Installation

toscheck completed with errors:

-->WARNING: CLASSPATH may not include '.' (that is,  the symbol for the current

 working directory). Please add '.' to your CLASSPATH or you may experience conf

iguration problems.

Edit /opt/tinyos-1.x/tools/java/javapath

Line 41 should be this:

#unshift @add, ".";

            Line 57 should be this:

                        print "$addpath;$oldpath;.\n";