I am having problems with MicaHWVerify.

I program it on my mote (based on Mica2) and nothing happens. The LEDs are supposed to start counting once it has retrieved the ID from the serial ID chip. I assumed that the problem was something to do with this.

To test it I put a Leds.redOn() in the StdControl.start() at the very start, before it calls HardwareId.read(). Surprisingly, nothing happened. So it seems like StdControl.start() is never getting called. I also placed Leds.redOn() in StdControl.init() and the LED turned on. So that's very strange.

I have tried other programs like IntToLeds and ReverseUART and they work fine.

I have tried two different PCBs and have tried programming with MIB510 (uisp) or the JTAG (AVR Studio).

Is there any other (better?) way to test the serial ID and Flash?

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Simon