Hello,
I have a question regarding the CSMA link layer implementation in TinyOS. Is there a way to set the number of retransmissions that the MAC layer attempts to reach the destination? I am actually testing a simple program to send unicast messages to a common destination from 4 different nodes placed in close proximity to one another. For shorter distances all four of them succesfully transmit the messages but for longer distances from the destination just one or two of them is succesful in reaching the destination. I understand that the CSMA MAC layer supports random back-off mechanism so that there is fair distribution of access to the wireless channel.
Could someone please answer my question?
--
regards,
Ravi