I'm trying to use the events under tinyDB but I've got some problems.

1 - If I write the following query, as in the TinyDB reference,

On evtTest:
SELECT nodeid,light
SAMPLE PERIOD 1024

the GUI always tell "errorMsg = Syntax error at on".

What is the problem?

2 - I modified the TinyDBApp in nesC as following, including the code of
/tinyos-1.x/tos/lib/TinyDB/TinyDBEvent.nc:

includes CompileDefines;

configuration TinyDBApp {
        provides interface EventUse;
        provides interface StdControl;
}

implementation {
  components Main, TupleRouter, Event, TinyDBEventM;

  Main.StdControl -> TupleRouter;

  EventUse = Event.EventUse;

  Event.StdControl = StdControl;
  TinyDBEventM.StdControl = StdControl;
  TinyDBEventM.EventRegister -> Event;

}

Does it is correct?

3 -I spent time to undurstand the way to use the
tinyos-1.x/tos/lib/TinyDB/TinyDBEvent.nc in the TinyDBApp.nc without copy
the code directly inside, but using the nesC syntax. Unfortunately I can't
undestand exactly how I shuold do.
What is the correct way to do?

In general what is the right way to use components which are already made?

4- Also if i click the button "Fire test Event" on the Mote Commands
windows, I  have the following exeption:

/opt/tinyos-1.x/tools/java# java net.tinyos.tinydb.TinyDBMain -sim Catalog
file in use: net/tinyos/tinydb/catalog.xml Creating PhoenixSource with
tossim-serial Opening tossim-serial source Connecting to Tossim event port
at localhost:10585 Connection opened to TOSSIM event port Connecting to
Tossim command port at localhost:10584 Connection opened to Tossim command
port null Error sending message.
java.lang.NullPointerException
        at net.tinyos.message.Sender.send(Sender.java:106)
        at net.tinyos.message.MoteIF.send(MoteIF.java:202)
        at net.tinyos.tinydb.CmdFrame.sendMsg(CmdFrame.java:234)
        at net.tinyos.tinydb.CmdFrame$9.actionPerformed(CmdFrame.java:196)
        at
javax.swing.AbstractButton.fireActionPerformed(AbstractButton.java:1815)
        at
javax.swing.AbstractButton$ForwardActionEvents.actionPerformed(AbstractButto
n.java:1868)
        at
javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.fireActionPerformed(DefaultButtonModel.java:4
49)
        at
javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.setPressed(DefaultButtonModel.java:287)
        at
javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicButtonListener.mouseReleased(BasicButtonListener
.java:274)
        at java.awt.Component.processMouseEvent(Component.java:5196)
        at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Component.java:3712)
        at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Container.java:1665)
        at
java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.retargetMouseEvent(Container.java:3521)
        at
java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.processMouseEvent(Container.java:3236)
        at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.dispatchEvent(Container.java:3166)
        at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Container.java:1651)
        at
java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.ja
va:237)
        at
java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java
:187)
        at
java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:181)
        at
java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:173)
        at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(EventDispatchThread.java:136)

So I can't undestand what this exception is due?

Anyone could help me?

Roberto Pietrangeli
EDALab - Networked Embedded Systems
C.S. Dept - University of Verona - IT