On Jul 31, 2006, at 3:34 AM, Mikael Ifversen wrote:

Hi all,

I want to work exclusively with TinyOS 2.0 and IEEE 802.15.4 compliant motes since that seems to be the two standards which are attracting a lot of focus. I am new to TinyOS / embedded programming and therefore need as much working demo application code and tutorial code as possible to get started. 1. What platform from the official TinyOS 2.0 list seems best suited for that task and how many motes is deemed necessary (or recommended), in order to exemplify the various demo apps? It should be possible for the motes in question to implement RFID tags.

The current demo apps in 2.0 are very simple, as it is still in beta stages. The most complex is MultihopOscilloscope, which displays sensor readings from a collection tree. Currently 2.x supports these platforms:

mica2
mica2dot
micaZ
TelosB/TMote
eyes
tinynode

It also supports the btnode3 platform, but the btnode3 developers have for the past few months been busy with some other projects, so it might be a little rough around the edges. The goal is that it will be polished for the 2.0 release.

2. Has any work with TinyOS 2.0 and TinyDB been done yet?

Not that I know of.

Phil