The backoff on the mica2 doesn't seem to be as reliable as one would like.
I have a little bit about it in the ACK/reliability report I just ref'd.
You may also have hidden node problems, where packets collide because
two transmitters cannot hear each other.
MS

venkatesh s wrote:
Hi all,
I am working on packet loss and delay measurements. The fact is i need to do this on multi-hop, for which i need to fix the datarates. It seems that when the application is sending 300 packets/minute, out of which i get around 5.2% loss. The node nearer to the base station has 0% loss.
My network chosen was..
0 -------- 1---------------2 The measurements were done on mica2 mote. Also i observed that as the number of motes increased in the range, losses also increased.. Anyone who know the cause or what might be the datarate for which there will be no loss, please let me know.. Thanking you, venkatesh.S