Hello -- I'm trying to bring up a new TinyOS environment, and I'm having
some troubles... This is a debian-based linux system (Ubuntu, to be
exact).

I installed the following packages:

nesc-1.1.2b-1.i386.rpm
tinyos-1.1.15Dec2005cvs-1.noarch.rpm
tinyos-tools-1.1.0-1.i386.rpm
jdk-1_5_0_08-linux-i586.bin

However, since it's a debian-based system, these packages have been
converted to .deb files using alien. This seems to have worked
reasonably well.

When I try to compile something, however, I get a missing file problem:

[EMAIL PROTECTED]:CntToLeds/>make install
../Makerules:26: /usr/src/redhat/BUILD/nesc-1.1.2b/../apps/Makerules: No
such file or directory
make: *** No rule to make target
`/usr/src/redhat/BUILD/nesc-1.1.2b/../apps/Makerules'.  Stop.

I'm not sure where the missing files is supposed to come from. Like I
said, everything seems to be in place as far as I can tell -- but I find
the /usr/src/redhat path kinda strange...

[EMAIL PROTECTED]:CntToLeds/>which ncc
/usr/bin/ncc
[EMAIL PROTECTED]:CntToLeds/>ll /usr/src/redhat
ls: /usr/src/redhat: No such file or directory
[EMAIL PROTECTED]:CntToLeds/>find /usr -name Makerules
[EMAIL PROTECTED]:CntToLeds>

Any thoughts on what's going on?  I'm not very familiar with TOS so I'm
kinda searching here...

Cheers,
    Trevor