Hi,

I am trying to simulate the Mutlihop Network in EMSTAR but I have some confustion which I want to get cleared before moving forward. I am sending this mail second time because no one has answered my questions yet. I hope this time these will be answered.

Question1:
In this simulation I am just trying to simulate 100 nodes sending some data to Sink using Multihop routes. For this I used a given application named Surge  which have source code in "../tinyos- 1.x/apps/Surge" directory. Now I made a small change in MultihopWMEWMA Component (stored in ../tinyos-1.x/tos/lib/MintRoute) by replacing 0 to 1 for BASE_STATION_ADDRESS. I did it because I have been told that EMSTAR will not support any node with ID equals to 0 and  I'm using EMSIM for simulations. So my doubt is:
1.a: By replacing 0 with 1 as BASE_STATION_ADDRESS, it shouldnot affect the functionality of the nodes except now node with address 1 will automatically act as sink?
1.b: Will nodes be able to make their routes automatically to Sink with Id = 1 in the simulation?

( Also, in MultihoWMEWMA.nc, i understand that base station will just keep discarding data it recieve and will not forward it to other nodes, so for simulation purpose where I just want track traffic it should work fine without making any special change for SINK node).

Question2:
2.a:
I would like to know about routing table which each node keeps to maintaing routes to sink here and how they're connected to each other. I mean how to access the information stored in routing table of each node in simulation.
2.b: Using emview/tinydb, is it possible to see actual placing of nodes and their routing structures which nodes formed.

Regards,
Sumit Gupta