Hi,

On Wednesday 16 August 2006 01:44 am, Wang Longjun wrote:
>   I want to know who has installed tinyos in fedora core 4 successfully.

Sorry; I'm running Mandrake.  Try Google: "tinyos fedora core 4"

> Four, I
> installed the tinyos-tools-1.2.0-2.i386.rpm, but it gives me a message that
> “Java not found, JNI not installed”.

One possible reason for the error is that it can't find the java directory.
Is java in your PATH?  You should be able to run "java -version" on the
command line and get version information for the java version you have
installed.  If you don't, your PATH is wrong or java is not installed
correctly.  You can also "echo $PATH" to see its contents.

You will definitely want to fix this problem.  You can run "tos-install-jni"
by hand.  Once this command runs without error, you can move on to the next
problem.

> As to this java not found error, I also tried to set the
> classpath in the .bashrc file using export CLASSPATH=……,but it does not
> work. But even I do not set the classpath, I can also compile and run the
> java helloworld program.

I don't think tos-install-jni needs CLASSPATH set.  Still, you will need it
set correctly to run PC-side java programs.

> Five, I installed the finial package:
> tinyos-1.1.14Jul2005cvs-1.noarch.rpm by using rpm -ivh --prefix /TINYOSDIR
> tinyos-1.1.14Jul2005cvs-1.noarch.rpm, then some error happened. The first
> several lines are ….path to tinyos /tools/java/…path: /usr/bin/per bad
> interpreter: too many arguments

Do you have perl installed?  Type "which perl" at the shell.  If you get an
error starting with "which: no perl in", install it with yum.  See software
install docs for FC4.

> When reboot the system, there also
> happened some error like “usr/local/bin/locate-jre:/bin/sh:bad interpreter:
> too many arguments” This only happens once when I installed on the redhat 9
> . And on fedora core 4 the hard disk keep running when the screen appears
> words like enable swap space.

It sounds like the machine you are using does not have enough memory.  Add
more RAM, especially if you have 128MB or less.  Ensure swap space is 2x of
RAM at least (I use 4x on systems < 1GB of RAM).  You can use the "free"
program from the shell to see the state of virtual memory.

Hope this helps,
Steve