Quoting Philip Levis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> On Aug 17, 2006, at 6:04 PM, Kannan Srinivasan wrote:
>
> > Hi All,
> >
> > I am using cygwin and followed the instructions outlined on
> > http://www.tinyos.net/tinyos-2.x/doc/html/upgrade-tinyos.html to
> > upgrade
> > from tinyos-1.x to tinyos-2.x. I first set the environment
> > variables as:
> >
> > TOSROOT="/opt/tinyos-2.x"
> > export TOSROOT
> > TOSDIR="$TOSROOT/tos"
> > export TOSDIR
> > export CLASSPATH=`cygpath -w $TOSROOT/support/sdk/java/tinyos.jar`
> > export CLASSPATH="$CLASSPATH;."
> > MAKERULES="$TOSROOT/support/make/Makerules"
> > export MAKERULES
> > export PATH=/opt/msp430/bin:$PATH
> >
> > # Extend path for java -
> > type java >/dev/null 2>/dev/null || PATH=`/bin/tos-locate-jre --
> > java`:$PATH
> > type javac >/dev/null 2>/dev/null || PATH=`/bin/tos-locate-jre
> > --javac`:$PATH
> > echo $PATH | grep -q /bin || PATH=/bin:$PATH
> >
> > Then, I compiled java tools:
> >
> > cd tinyos-2.x/support/sdk/java/
> > make clean
> > make all
> >
> > I got the following warnings/errors:
> >
> > make[1]: Leaving directory `/opt/tinyos-2.x/support/sdk/java/net'
> > Note: TOSSerial.java uses unchecked or unsafe operations.
> > Note: Recompile with -Xlint:unchecked for details.
> > Note: Receiver.java uses unchecked or unsafe operations.
> > Note: Recompile with -Xlint:unchecked for details.
> > Note: Packetizer.java uses unchecked or unsafe operations.
> > Note: Recompile with -Xlint:unchecked for details.
> > Note: PhoenixSource.java uses unchecked or unsafe operations.
> > Note: Recompile with -Xlint:unchecked for details.
> > Note: Platform.java uses unchecked or unsafe operations.
> > Note: Recompile with -Xlint:unchecked for details.
> > Note: SFListen.java uses unchecked or unsafe operations.
> > Note: Recompile with -Xlint:unchecked for details.
> > Note: SFWindow.java uses or overrides a deprecated API.
> > Note: Recompile with -Xlint:deprecation for details.
> > Note: MsgReader.java uses unchecked or unsafe operations.
> > Note: Recompile with -Xlint:unchecked for details.
>

> Don't worry about it. It has to do with Java 5's templates and the
> fact that the TinyOS code still uses the 1.4 approach of casting.

I went ahead and compiled java code in the apps directory. It is giving me
the following error (eg. compiling java code under Oscilloscope):

$ javac Oscilloscope.java
Oscilloscope.java:55: cannot access net.tinyos.util.SerialStub
file net\tinyos\util\SerialStub.class not found
        mote = new MoteIF(PrintStreamMessenger.err);
               ^
1 error

Does this have anything to do with the previous error or is it a completely
independent issue?

Kannan.