I had similar problems with my own node, but that's because we designed it from scratch and the MCU fuses were set as they are from the factory. I think (I don't know this for certain) that the mica2 and mica2dot fuses might be preconfigured for that board, so you shouldn't have any problems and it seems that most people don't. The "programmer not responding" error is not the problem of the MCU, but the programmer board. Perhaps check the voltage of it and that you have the correct serial cable. In my installation of cygwin I found that it would fail if I specified the serial port as 'com1'. Instead I have to use /dev/ttyS0 and it works fine.

To read fuses:
uisp -dprog=mib510 -dserial=/dev/ttyS0 -dpart=ATmega128 --rd_fuses

Cheers,

Simon

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
Hi,

I am having trouble programming a mica2dot mote using an mib510 programming
board. I get errors which alternate
between "programmer is not responding" and "device is not responding correctly"
when I try to load code onto the mote.
>From reading the help lists I beleive this is a fuse problem, however, when I
try to use a uisp command to read the fuse
values I get an error saying the "device is not responding correctly". Has
anyone encountered this before? And if so, what
can be done to fix this problem?

Thanks,
Sam