It looks like the length field that the pc expects has been set
to 0xff, which might be overlayed from some other data field.
If you can use ListenRaw to get the actual message bytes you
may be able to hand disassemble them and figure it out.

I have a tiny tickle of a memory that this is a version problem
between the PC and the Motes, possibly due to your TOSBase not
translating micaz/AM.h structs to types/AM.h, or vice-versa.
You didn't say what devices you are using, but if it is micaz,
you should still use mica2 in your MOTECOM variable.

MS

Nuwan Ginige wrote:

Hi,
I've been working on micaz motes using tinyos 1.1.10, and have been experimenting with the communication functionalities, specifically AMStandard and GenericComm. Recently, when using SerialForwarder in conjunction with the Oscilloscope application, I've been getting the following error:
TOS_Msg length is invalid: header_length=265, real_length=xxx
where xxx represents the actual packet size (this error occurs for any program I run on the mote) Does anyone have any ideas as to why this may be happening? I've tried to trace it through, but haven't found anything as yet, and I'm pretty puzzled... any help would be greatly appreciated. Cheers
Nuwan