I am implementing a MAC protocol using Tinyos.  The protocol has a few types of control packets and one type of data packet

However, in current TinyOS 2.0, there is only one type of message_t (once the platform is determined), which has a fixed message structure and size (payload length is 28bytes).  In the MAC protocol, control packets have different sizes and structures, and data packet is much longer than 28 bytes.  How to handle this?
Maybe this is a difficult problem but I really need to solve it or get around it.  Anyone can help is much appreciated.

--
Regards,
Tie