------------------------------

Message: 7
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2006 20:20:30 -0700
From: Philip Levis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: [Tinyos-help] How to use ACK in TOSSIM
To: Michael Schippling <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Cc: tinyos-help_list <tinyos-help@millennium.berkeley.edu>

On Sep 25, 2006, at 7:44 PM, Michael Schippling wrote:

I'm not entirely certain that ACKs work in TOSSIM, like rssi....

ACKs work in TOSSIM. The default (TR1000) radio stack actually emulates the ACK bit pattern, etc. I do not know about the CC1000 stack from Harvard or the CC2420 stack in beta/. In particular, I don't know what the ACK loss model is.

ACKs do not work for the CC1000 in TOSSIM by default. A co-worker and I have a corrected version, in which the ACKs work, if there is interest. In addition to correcting ACKs, we have set sendDone to return FAIL on non-broadcast messages if an ACK is not received. This seems much more intuitive.

Doug

--
__
Douglas R Herbert

Mailbox:      465 Northwestern Ave.  #158
            West Lafayette, IN  47907
Lab:          Physics Building, Rm. 50
Lab Phone:    765-494-3010
Email:        drh - at - purdue.edu