Embedded below.

On 10/26/06, Philip Levis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On Oct 25, 2006, at 9:32 AM, Tie Luo wrote:

> If radio is busy, I think CC2420Config.sync will fail, or may
> return SUCCESS and signal syncDone at some time later. I do not
> understand what you said "if sync were to never signal done, then
> it is unlikely that the radio is receiving/transmitting packets."
> Did you mean if syncDone is not signalled, then radio is likely to
> be free?  I am confused since free radio should be easier for
> switching channels.

I mean that if syncDone never signals, then it is unlikely that the
other parts of the radio are able to access the bus. If they can't
access the bus, then it is unlikely that the stack can send/receive
packets.

I would agree.  Because in my experiment, after switching channels back and forth many times (and some collisions may happen on some channels), some motes fail to send messages.  I have spent much time to fix this problem but not yet until now. :-(

I am suspecting syncDone() never gets signaled, even if sync() return SUCCESS.  That's why I previously ask if there is a bug to be fixed in tinyos.

> For the tests you mentioned before, I found some channels can be
> switched to while some cannot. But I had not run thorough tests on
> all channels.

Can you name one which cannot?

20

> The bug that I mentioned, and has been fixed by Tinyos team, is in
> CC2420ControlP.nc line 273, SyncResource.release() is added.

OK.

> Answering your last question, I am not using SPI for other things
> like large storage op; what I am doing is purely radio
> communications and computations.
OK. If you were using the bus for other operations, then this might
cause syncDone to be delayed for a long time.

Phil

--
Regards,
Tie