Dear TinyOS users,

I have read in the tinyos-2.0 tutorial that, currently no power measurement(s) functionality is being provided in v2.0... Has anybody developed any Energy Estimator module, where it takes into account the idle energy, the send/receive, the use of CPU, sensing et. al. I am sure the parameters vary across different hardware platforms and writing a generic one over the HIL would be challenging. Anyways, can anybody point me to any paper where some sort of realistic and approximate energy estimation was calculated for executing basic sensor network tasks ...

I am thinking of writing my own energy estimator for mica2. If there is one available already for 1.x then I can port it for 2.0 (assuming that the next update of 2.0 has not done that already?)

Thanks for your help.

Regards,
--Manish