Thanks for the clarification. The only question is, if channel is free, STXON.strobe() will turn on TX transmisstion, which makes (status & CC2420_STATUS_TX_ACTIVE)  non-zero, therefore the variable 'congestion' will remain TRUE. But channel is actually clear.  I am confused.

Or, is it in calibration and thus TX is still not active?

On 11/2/06, Philip Levis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On Nov 1, 2006, at 1:35 AM, Tie Luo wrote:

> Line 6: if congestion is true, even m_cca==false can enter
> S_SAMPLE_CCA state, which is wrong.

Why is this wrong? If it's congested, continue sampling for a clear
channel.

> Line 7: I do not find where the macro PLATFORM_MICAZ is defined.
> And, if it is defined, then micaz will always backoff regardless of
> congestion, which is a bit wield.

No. Read the code. Note that it says ABORT_PERIOD. Look at the state
machine. There are times when on the micaz the radio says it is
transmitting but the processor does not handle an SFD interrupt. It
therefore needs to timeout and retry the transmission.

Phil

--
Regards,
Tie