TOSBase expects to get serial data in the TOSMsg format so it's
probably just ignoring your datalogger's stuff. You might want
to try writing your own program that uses UARTM to talk to
the logger at the raw byte level and then format TOSMsg's to
send using GenericComm for the radio.

You're using the MIB to get a DB9 connector and RS232 levels?
You can just go direct to the mica2 if you have logic level serial.

About every month someone tries to do this, most often with the CMUcam
I think...but I've never seen anyone post an example program.
Anyone got one?

MS

Tony Han wrote:
Hi all,

I try to collecting data from a data logger via MIB510 station's RS232 port, and then send it back from attached mica2 wirelessly.

I am hacking the TOSbase as well as GenericBase.nc, but neither of them give me the results.

I have a few questions about this:
1. Is that we must packet the RS232 incoming data before the mica2 on MIB510 can understand it? if yes, how could we do that?

2. Where we can change the baud rate to receive data.

3. Am I hacking on the right program? Is there any other program can do it?

I am appreciate for any of your suggestion.

Tony