  I ran the TinyOS 2.0 installation, and i find the folder "tools"
missing from the /opt/tinyos2.x directory

  I made sure I completed all the steps listed :
  - installed JDK from IBM
  - installed all the rpm's given for linux
  - set-up environment variables in the .bashrc file in my local login
  - ran "chown" to assign ownership to me for the -R tinyos-2.x folder

The "tools" folder, as i mentioned, is missing. Can anyone tell me
what went wrong and what I need to do to see that in the installation?
I am using Fedora Core 6.

It isn't missing, it's not intended to be there. The "tools" folder in
CVS for tinyos 2.x contains the source code for the tinyos-tools RPM
(See Phil Levis' other message on this subject).

David