again, only from my T1 perspective, TOSMsg.ack should be != 0 in sendDone()
if an ACK was received before ACK_WAIT expired. This should indicate
successful message reception, however ACKs can get lost as well so
you can get false negatives.
MS

Tie Luo wrote:
PacketAcknowledgments.requestAck() enables acknowledgement.
But as a caveat, even if the ack is enabled and error==SUCCESS, it does not guarantee the message has been sent to receiver. After the transmitter sends out the message it will wait for a period of ACK_WAIT (some constant defined like this) for the ack. However if the ack does not come during this period it will still signal(SUCCESS).
Dr. Philip, correct me if I am wrong.

Tie
On 11/16/06, *Philip Levis* <[EMAIL PROTECTED] <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>> wrote:

    On Nov 15, 2006, at 8:26 AM, Tao Wu wrote:

     > Would you please tell to enable acknowledgement when sending
     > message? Thanks a lot.
     >
     > Best

    If you are using tinyos-2.x, I recommend reading tutorial 3. It talks
    about the PacketAcknowledgments interface and how to use it.

    Phil

Regards,
Tie