On 12/11/06, Mr. Jonathan A. Gomez <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hmm... I don't know anything about compiling TOSSIM, but I do understand
some of the meaning of
your error messages:

You got a lot of lines like

>build/micaz/sim.o(.text+0x2f86): In function `sim_log_add_channel':
>/opt/tinyos-2.x/tos/lib/tossim/sim_log.c:166: undefined reference to
>`_hashtable_search'

In other words, there is a dependency in sim.o, which uses but doesn't
define the
hashtable_search function.  It's not linking because it is missing the
hashtable function.  In
my copy of the TinyOS-2.x cvs, there is a file called hashtable.c in the
tos/lib/tossim
directory which defines these.  I don't know if you have such a file in
your version.  At any
rate, looking at the command being passed to g++, it doesn't seem that
this file is being
included.

Even i have the hashtable.c placed at the same position ie is
tos/lib/tossim.

This was the command which generated your errors (all the rest just spit out
warnings):

g++ -fpic -shared -W1,--enable-auto-image-base  build/micaz/pytossim.o
build/micaz/sim.o
build/micaz/tossim.o -L/usr/lib/python2.3/config -lpython2.3-lstdc++ -o
_TOSSIM.dll

I hesitate to say that this will help, since I haven't even tried to
compile the program myself,
but it might help to insert 'hashtable.c' in the arguments if you have the
file, right before
the first 'build/...'.  Perhaps?

How and where do i insert hashtable .c ? I mean i tried copying the file in
build dir as well as in micaz  dir but it doesn't work. I do not know how to
go about this, can you please elaborate if possible?

I might try to do the compilation, just to see if I can't reproduce your
problem.  Then I might
be able to be more helpful.

Now the Java problem:

>$ $CLASSPATH
>bash: C:\tinyos\cyg\opt\tinyos-2.x\support\sdk\java\tinyos.jar;.:
>command not found

It thinks you're trying to run the classpath as a command.  When you want
to change the
classpath for Java, at least Sun Java, you can do something such as
java -cp $CLASSPATH program
In which case, java is the command, -cp means set the classpath, etc.

Thanks for this.  Actually i wanted to print the classpath to find if it was
set properly and $CLASSPATH is probably not the right command for this !

Preeti

-- Jon.