On Dec 12, 2006, at 11:44 AM, Jared Hill wrote:

Hello,

I am having trouble running the TestNetwork application (tinyos 2.0) on mica2s. The mica2 seems to freeze and nothing happens after the first message is sent. Has anyone else seen these same issues?

Kyle Jamieson was responsible for testing on mica2s. Kyle, can you comment on this?

Second, when I compile and run on telos motes, the application seems to run okay. However, using the CollectionPacket.getOrigin (message_t* msg) returns the address of the mote that forwarded the message, not the mote that originated the message. Is this the desired behavior? If so, is there functionality built in to extract the originating motes address?

I'm confused by this. The code it this:

command am_addr_t CollectionPacket.getOrigin(message_t* msg) {return getHeader(msg)->origin;}

The only time origin is set is in Send.send. In all of our tests, this code worked fine (otherwise we couldn't get high delivery rates, and there would be many more false positive duplicate suppressions).

Phil