On Dec 18, 2006, at 12:33 PM, Louise Avila wrote:

Hi,

I have gotten similar errors as another poster about
undefined references to python libraries when running
make micaz sim on Windows/cygwin.

I am not sure how to fix the makefile and/or the sim.extra file. I tried to add the path to /lib/python2.3, but it still isn't working. If someone has gotten this working, can they explain which file they modified and how?

This is basic C linking. You need to figure out two things:

1) Are the Python libraries installed on your machine?
  - Look for something like libpython.dll.
  - If not, you may need to install the python-devel RPM.

2) Once you have determined the location of the library, make sure that the sim.extra is pointing to the right one. - Check that the library name is correct: by default sim.extra does "-lpython$(PYTHON_VERSION)", e.g., -lpython2.3, which means the compiler looks for libpython2.3.dll - Check that the path it is looking in is correct. If the library isn't in /lib or /usr/lib, then add a -L directive to the compiler by adding it to the beginning of PLATFORM_LIB_FLAGS. E.g., if libpython2.3.dll is in /usr/lib/python, then add -L/usr/lib/python