Da: Philip Levis [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Inviato: Wednesday, January 10, 2007 4:57 PM
A: Tempia Filippo
Cc: tinyos-help@Millennium.Berkeley.EDU
Oggetto: Re: [Tinyos-help] tinyOS 1.x 2.0 interoperability

On Jan 10, 2007, at 4:45 PM, Tempia Filippo wrote:

> I'm working in TinyOS 2.0 and I would like to program the
> BaseStation application in order to receive packets from a TinyOS
> 1.1 mote with the CntToLedsAndRfm application running on it.
>
> As far as I understood there should be radio compatibility between
> TinyOS 1.1 and 2.0, since the CC2420 is still the same. But it
> seems that the Base Station does not receive any radio pcks from a
> TinyOS 1.1 Application.

The packet formats are different. 802.15.4 has different packet
formats depending on the bits in the frame control field (FCF). For
example, there are different source and destination addressing modes,
encryption, etc. TinyOS 1.x does not have a source address in the
packet; TinyOS 2.x does. So the packet formats are not compatible.

Phil

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

This message and its attachments are addressed solely to the persons above and
may contain confidential information. If you have received the message in
error, be informed that any use of the content hereof is prohibited. Please
return it immediately to the sender and delete the message. Should you have any
questions, please contact us by replying to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

        Thank you

                                        www.telecomitalia.it