From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of
Joe Polastre
Sent: Wednesday, January 10, 2007 4:13 PM
To: yicheng
Cc: tinyos-help@millennium.berkeley.edu
Subject: Re: questions of TestDAC12DMA program

> 1. I can only generate the max frequency of the sine wave at 200Hz,
there's
> no sine wave output if I use frequency larger than 200. How can I generate
> higher frequency?

You need to use a sine wave with less samples per period to get higher
frequencies.

> 2. Does the DMA.setupTransfer command set up transfer once? How does
> TimerExclusive control repeating DMA transfer?

It sets up the DMA with the specifications/parameters.  Timer keeps
running until you tell it to stop.

Please see the MSP430 User's Guide, these questions and more are
answered by this document.

> 3. Is there any audio file example other than this sine wave that I can
use
> to generate better audio output, like midi file?

No, no such component exists.

-Joe