Did you run the whole jmakefile in the HFS directory?
It generates a bunch of app specific message classes,
but I'm not sure that is the real problem...
MS

Chris Byers wrote:
Dear TinyOS,

I am trying to run the High Frequency Sampling program and have been following the README. When I get to the command: java Sample 200 20000

I get the following error:

---------- Capture Output ----------

"C:\Program Files\Crossbow\Crimson\IDE.bat" "C:\tinyos\cygwin\opt\tinyos-1.x\apps\HighFrequencySampling" "c:\tinyos\cygwin\bin" "java Sample 200 20000"

#############################

Command:   java Sample 200 20000

Cygwin:    c:\tinyos\cygwin\bin

Directory: C:\tinyos\cygwin\opt\tinyos-1.x\apps\HighFrequencySampling

Directory: /opt/tinyos-1.x/apps/HighFrequencySampling

#############################

Could not find a platform specific version of TOSMsg

java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: net.tinyos.message.unknown.TOSMsg

java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: net.tinyos.message.unknown.TOSMsg

            at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:186)

            at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:265)

            at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClassInternal(ClassLoader.java:315)

at net.tinyos.message.MessageFactory.instantiateTOSMsg(MessageFactory.java:115)

at net.tinyos.message.MessageFactory.createTOSMsg(MessageFactory.java:44)

            at net.tinyos.message.Sender.<init>(Sender.java:87)

            at net.tinyos.message.MoteIF.init(MoteIF.java:173)

            at net.tinyos.message.MoteIF.<init>(MoteIF.java:155)

            at Sample.app(Sample.java:70)

            at Sample.main(Sample.java:49)

java.lang.NullPointerException

            at net.tinyos.message.Sender.send(Sender.java:120)

            at net.tinyos.message.MoteIF.send(MoteIF.java:200)

            at Sample.app(Sample.java:76)

            at Sample.main(Sample.java:49)

Could anyone please tell me what I should do to resolve this error?

Thanks,

Chris