The address of the mote is specified when uploading the program onto
that particular mote.  Check "Device Addressing" section at
http://www.tinyos.net/tinyos-1.x/doc/tutorial/programmers.html

If you are using TOSSIM, then addresses are allocated by default from 0 to N-1

Tarun
http://bansal.tarun.googlepages.com/