On Feb 8, 2007, at 1:54 PM, Prem Krishnan wrote:

Hi all,

I have a problem configuring TOSSIM for my environment (cygwin). I initially had TinyOS 1.x installed and upgraded to TinyOS 2.0 following the instructions online. Now whenever I try to compile a program for TOSSIM, I get the some sort off "undefined reference" error. I figured that its a problem with TOSSIM not being able to locate the python libraries. I followed the instructions provided in the TOSSIM tutorial to configure the sim.extra configuration file but to no avail. My Environment details are as follows:-

cygwin: 1.5.12(0.116/4/2)
python: 2.3

I'm attaching the screenshot of the search results I get for python on my system. I would be extremely grateful if someone could help me with this. Also attached is the complete error msg. output I get when I compile Blink for TOSSIM.

It looks like it doesn't recognize that you are using cygwin. Try

OSTYPE=cygwin make micaz sim

There's a couple of threads on this in the archives.

If it recognizes that you are on Cygwin, you should see these options:

ifeq ($(OSTYPE), cygwin)
  PLATFORM_FLAGS=-DUSE_DL_IMPORT -fpic
  SHARED_OBJECT=_TOSSIM.dll
  PLATFORM_BUILD_FLAGS= -fpic -W1,--enabled-auto-image-base
PLATFORM_LIB_FLAGS = -L/$(PYDIR)/config -lstdc++ -lpython$ (PYTHON_VERSION)
else