On Feb 26, 2007, at 12:36 AM, Elias Weingärtner wrote:

Zigbee is not supported by TinyOS 2.0 (or any version of TinyOS)
Thank you.

I think I confused 802.15.4 with Zigbee and CC2420 a bit, and after
doing some reading I guess I have to concretize my question a bit:

Speaking of motes like t-mote sky and micaz, they use the ChipCon
CC2420 which is a IC that calls itself "IEEE 802.15.4 / Zigbee Ready
Tranceiver". For my understanding, this is simply a radio which could
be used to implement the Zigbee Radio Stack [1], which consists of
several higher-level protocols currently, but they are currently
not implemented by TinyOS.

My actual question was if there's any documentation on the CC2420
implementation in TinyOS and how the CC2420 is used for it.

Am I getting things right that it is basically used as a byte radio to construct
TinyOS-Packets? Am I correct, that speaking of physical transmission,
it is IEEE 802.15.4 (250kbps, QPSK, 26 channels), but actually this has nothing to do with
Zigbee as this term refers to Networking and Security layers currently
not provided by TinyOS?

This is correct. TinyOS sends 802.15.4 data frames, but does not necessarily follow the 802.15.4 MAC.

Phil