Hello guys,

I would like to ask how to display and view debug messages from the mote.
I have four mica2 motes and a base mote installed with TOSBase.
I want to know and view the number of missed packets/msg or packet/msg sent
from the motes and receive at the base mote.

I have read in the tutorials that there are debug options but are they only
available for TOSSIM e.g. dbg(DBG_USR1....  ?

Anyway, I tried that dbg(DBG_USR1... and used the java Listen tool but it only
display the raw packets.

How can I display the msg explicitly?

By the way, I am confused with this. For example I want to know if the sequence
numbers are sequential, so I include this code in the application

event TOS_MsgPtr ReceiveChirpMsg.receive(TOS_MsgPtr data) {
   ChirpPacket *pchpIn = (ChirpPacket *)(data->data);
    dbg(DBG_USR1, "ChirpM: receive chirp %x \n", pchpIn->nSeq);
    sn = pchpIn->nSeq;
    cntdiff = sn-nlastseq;
    dbg(DBG USR1, "The difference on the sequence number is %x\n",
pchpIn->cntdiff);
    nlastseq = pchpIn->nSeq;
  :
  :
When I compiled the application after including that, there is no error, though
the code has no effect upon uploading it in the mote or in java listen tool. :D
Now I think it should be incorporated in the TOSBase? Right?

Im sorry about that somewhat foolish question but I am confused.

Thanks!

regards,
xyza