Hello,
I am trying to run the application given in lesson 7 of tinyos1.x. I have it
installed on cygwin and i am using the simulator Tossim.
My understanding of the application is that PC (Serialforwarder) injects
packets into the network through the serial port (TOSBase/TransparentBase)
which then communicates to the simulated motes (SimpleCmd) over the radio
and turns the yellow led on/off.

According to the insructions in lesson 7 i tried the following.
1. i run SimpleCmd application in one cygwin window and say
"$./build/pc/main.exe 1" i.e simulate only one mote
2. i run TOSBase in another window and again simulate only one mote
i.e"$./build/pc/main.exe 1"
3. i run the SerialForwarder  in another cygwin window as follows "$ java
net.tinyos.sf.SerialForwarder -comm tossim-serial"
4. Finally i inject packets into the network running another cygwin window
"$ java net.tinyos.tools.BcastInject  led_on"

Now i see the injected packets being written on the Seialforwarder GUI, but
am not able to trace the path of the packets between TOSBase and SimpleCmd.
Either of these applications (SimpleCmd/TOSBase) give me the following error
(sometimes it is TOSBase and sometimes SimpleCmd)
--------------
$ ./build/pc/main.exe 1
0: ERROR: Unable to create EEPROM backing store file.
0: ERROR: Unable to create anonymous EEPROM region.
My query is am i running the sample application correctly or is there
something i have missed out?
I tried using TransparentBase (instead of TOSBase) but i get the same error.
How do i trace back this error? Is it got anything to do with my local
machine memory?
I saw the same error being discussed on this tinyos-help, but could not get
how to trace this error .

Thanks in advance,
-Preeti