  From: Steven West
  To: tinyos-help@Millennium.Berkeley.EDU
  Sent: Monday, March 19, 2007 10:45 PM
  Subject: [Tinyos-help] How to receive messages over the UART?

  Hi,

  I have connected a mote to a digital camera with a serial interface. I am
able to transmit to the camera using the UART but I am having difficulty when
trying to receive the acknowledgements it sends back. Ideally when a byte is
received I need an interrupt to be flagged to enable me to read and store that
byte of data. I believe this should be possible using the asynchronous event
USARTDATA.rxDone found in the HPLSUARTFeedback interface of the HPLUSART0M
module. Although I have wrote code that should work the rxDone event is never
signalled even when I am sending data to the receive pin on the UART. I have
ensured that the baud rate is set correctly and that the receive pin on the
UART is enabled. The code compiles without any problems so I don't know where I
am going wrong?

  Any help would be greatly appreciated,

  Cheers,

  Steven