I think there is a demo acoustic ranging app someplace already,
but you'll probably have to google around to find it.

You'll only need message routing if some of your re-Motes are
out of base-station range. That's a design decision...
MS

Mohammad Allouh wrote:
Hello everybody

i am working on my graduation project in which i use wireless sensors from crossbow.

the main idea of this project is to determine the approximate location and distance of a noise source using tinyos (v1.1) and the acoustic sensor.

my questions are:

1. is this application applicable or not.

2. if applicable, what is the best application to use on the PC connected to the gateway? should i use TinyDB or develop my own application ?

3. how can i set a threshold value for the microphone to sense the noise ?

4. in tinyos, do i need to develop a routing protocol explicitly in order to route the packets to the gateway, or i just need to call the send and receive methods ??

thanks in advance