On Mar 21, 2007, at 5:15 PM, Abhishek Jain wrote:

I want to make the following changes in the TinyOS packet.

1) Use some bits of the DstAddr field for a small counter.
2) Remove the Grp ID field
3) Remove the CRC field
4) Add a new field for SrcAddr.
5) Add a new field for MAC

Could someone give me an idea how to go about it? Currently, we are
looking to do this for telosb motes.

TelosB motes use an 802.15.4 radio, which has a standard link header. There are some ways you can tweak it, but some of it is checked/ needed by hardware, so you can't.

In TinyOS 2.x, you'd want to change CC2420.h for the packet format, CC2420TransmitP for the transmission path and CC2420ReceiveP for the receive path. The code isn't that well commented, but David Moss has written a really nice document on how it works. I don't know if he's made it public yet, but maybe he can give you a preliminary copy.

Phil