The "cricket software" is infact a tinyos application written in nesC.

On 4/8/07, roberto pagliari <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hi All,
I'd like to get some more information about the cricket motes. Once I
purchase a basic cricket set by Crossbow how do I proceed to program them
WITHOUT using the cricket software?
Are the step listed below correct?

   1. install tinyos, using the cd provided by crossbow (1.1.6)
   2. write my own application
   3. program the mote, by the usual command "make cricket install.xetc.."

Following those steps should I be able to use cricket motes (and
ultrasound also) without any additional software?

thank you

Bob