I think you can use Java:  new String( byte[] )
where byte[] is the relevant data from your packet.
I always have to go over and over the Java types
when it comes to converting from one to another,
so I may have forgotten a couple of necessary hoops.
MS

Spidernet Lists wrote:
Hi,
I am doing a similar thing... but i am sending "helloworld" from one mote to another and from that mote, send it to PC via serial.. i am able to send "helloworld" from one mote to another but not the other part... so Rf is like

typedef nx_struct BlinkToRadioMsg {
      uint8_ t num[7];
} BlinkToRadioMsg;

uint8_t num1[] = "Hello!";

In TImer0.fired event, i write
      BlinkToRadioMsg* btrpkt =
      (BlinkToRadioMsg*)(call Packet.getPayload(&pkt, NULL));

     if (call Packet.maxPayloadLength() < sizeof(BlinkToRadioMsg)) {
         return;
     }

      strcpy(btrpkt->num, num1);

Remember to include <string.h>, this is implemented in tinyos-2.x and BlinkToRadio application...

Also, if you know the other part, that is how to send "helloworld" from mote to PC, plz let me know. Anyone else who knows how will i decode the PAYLOAD received on BaseStationCC2240 , please tel me, I am able to get ascii equivalent hex numbers of "Hello!" on PC via serial interface but before that i need to convert back to ascii and need to send ascii to serial.. Any help is appreciated...

Cheers!!!!!!!!!
VJ

Cheers!!!!
VJ

Chan kenniel wrote:
Dear all,

Could any one here help me out with telling me how to write a helloworld nesC program, then put it into TOS_Msg of the oscopeMsg program? Actually what I wanna implement is send the string data "helloworld" from a mote to PC, then in PC side use MIG to unpack the packet, and show the result "helloworld". I know I can use SerialForwarder with OscopeMsg to display data on PC, but I don't know how to put the source data like "helloworld" into a packet to send, I have read the OscilloscopeM.nc file, but don't know how they put data into TOS_Msg variable, So could anyone help me with how to put source data into TOS_MSg please?

Or if you I was wrong and you have any suggestion, all are extremely appreciate. Thanks very much.

--
Best wishes,
Kenneth Chan