On Fri, April 13, 2007 2:04 pm, Hamdi Roumani said:
> Thanks for the help it worked, one question though:
>
> With the id's now implemented I am unware if a packet has been
> recieved (which I guess is the case :-D).  BUT i'd still like for the
> motes to forward packets, even if its not for them.  How can I
> accomplish this?
>
> Thanks
> --
> Regards,
> Hamdi

In the case of a base station, it is easy enough to use
GenericCommPromiscious (Or the T2 equivalent?) and listen for any message,
then forward it to the UART.
You simply don't check for the message type before you forward it. (Cavet:
you don't get messages for other groups, but that seldom comes up.)

On all other nodes, you can:
*Direct it from node to node. Transmit to 4. 4 transmits to 1. 1 transmits
to base. (Multi-Hop, Tree)
*Identify each message uniquely, and only retransmit it once. (Bcast)

In other words, you need a routing protocol, or you'll get infinite loops.
There are some complex and efficient ones in TinyOS, but you can also work
out some pretty simple ones on your own. (The sensor-network equivalent of
bubble-sort?)

-Ben M
--
The difference between the right word and the almost right word is really a
large matter- it's the difference between a lightning bug and the lightning.