I don't think there is an interface for munging up the backoff behavior.
Search for "backoff" in the CC2420RadioM.nc file to see if there's
anything you can modify. Also search this list for different MAC layers
that may be more to your liking.

Just shutting off CSMA will probably only help thruput if you have only
one transmitter. If there is more than one mote sending and they don't
play nice, I'd bet that most messages will be garbaged up and useless.

MS

Jeong Kwanhee wrote:
Hello all!!

I want to increase about throughput in micaz’s surge application.

So, I’m currently doing to remove backoff and ack.

However, I don’t know how to disable backoff. (I found how to disable ack.)

I think that I have to use CC2420Radio or CC2420Control. Is right? I can’t find and do this.

Give me a hint.

My experiment is using micaz, tinyos 1.x.x.

Regards.