my memory is that a stright-thru serial cable is what you want.
you can leave the batteries installed, but the power switch should
be _off_.

MS

Ahmed Said wrote:
Hi,

I installed TestSerial application on a mica2 mote that is connected
to a MIB500 board, the problem is that when I type java TestSerial the
application sends packets to the mote and i get no response from the
mote. I am using a crossover serial cable should i try a straight
serial cable instead ?, also do i have to leave the mote batteries in
it while i am using it as a basestation ?

Thanks in advance,
Regards,
Ahmed