The define "RADIO_XMIT_POWER" is used in CC1000Const.h,
and is explicitly set in the xbow/apps/MakeXbowlocal file.

Using questionable archaeological techniques I've come to believe that
I did set a specific frequency define in the 'normal' apps/Makelocal file,
but did nothing to set the transmit power. Under those conditions the
mica2 radios were what you might call nearly useless.

I can't find any place that RADIO_XMIT_POWER is defaulted, so I don't know
how it is set for the 'normal' apps. That's probably my answer...

MS